The use of spherical bearings is usually associated with high weight bearing materials, difficult installation, and high costs. Most of the time, maintenance is still necessary over the long-term, and the bearings are only corrosion-resistant in special designs. Often roller bearings or plain bearings malfunction prematurely due to high edge loads, or because they need to be elaborately readjusted, reamed, or refitted in order to compensate for alignment errors. igubal® spherical bearings put an end to all of these disadvantages and open up many new possibilities for your engineering design: they are easy to handle, cost-effective, lightweight and robust.
The housing is made from igumid G, an extremely impact-resistant, long-fiber-reinforced polymer. Suitable for temperatures from -30 °C to +80 °C in long-term use.
In standard spherical bearings, the spherical ball is made from iglide® L280 material, which is known for lowest coefficients of friction in dry operation and extremely low tendency to stick-slip. This is especially important for low loads and very slow movements.
- Compensation of misalignment and edge loads
- High vibration-dampening
- Excellent vibration dampening
- Suitable for rotating, oscillating and axial movements
When to use it?
- For high axial and radial loads
- When easy installation is required
- In case of cramped installation space
- If chemical resistance is required
- If a cost-effective option is required
- If you need dirt-resistant bearings
- To adjust misalignments