When adapting this piece of hardware into your design, make sure to allow for a bit of axial play in both directions, in order for the filament path to retain some level of self-correction.
The bearing facing the motor face should have about 0.4 mm of material between it and the motor face in order for the plastic gear to retain as much engagement as possible.
Please contact us if you have further questions regarding integrations.
This main drive gear assembly set includes:
- 1x 15168 OEM IDGA Integrated Drive Gear Assembly;
- 2x MR85ZZ 5x8x2.5mm ball bearing.
The OEM IDGA is designed to allow for maximum compatibility with the following Open Source extruder:
It must be used with 5x8x2.5 mm ball bearings (INCLUDED).
This IDGA, Integrated Drive Gear Assembly, replaces the following mini drive train items:
- Main shaft;
- Main gear;
- Set screw;
- Primary drive gear.
- Shaft length: 27.8 +/-0.03mm
- Shaft length to support ball bearings : Main Gear side < 2.60 +/-0,03mm – 2.60 +/-0,03mm > filament teeth side
- Filament teeth’s center to end of shaft : Main Gear side < 22.2mm – 5.60 +/-0.04mm > filament teeth side
- Number of drive gear teeth : 17
- Drive gear teeth length : 4mm
- Integrated drive gear Material: Hardened Steel
- Flexible : yes;
- Rigid : yes;
- Abrasive : yes.
- Number of main gear teeth : 50
- Main gear teeth length : 3mm