- Silk Surface Finish – PolyLite™ PLA Silk has been formulated to render parts with an incredible glossy silk-like surface finish with no post-processing required. Its
unique surface finish makes it an attractive choice for stand out display models or aesthetic applications that require a vibrant or metallic surface finish.
- Compatibility In Mind – PolyLite™ PLA Silk is an easy-to-print filament and compatible with a wide range of popular extrusion based 3D printers. (Heated bed may be required in some cases).
- Easy to Print – PolyLite™ PLA Silk works well with common printing surfaces such as the blue tape, Kapton tape, glass, BuildTak, etc. No heated bed required but can be used for better results (up to 60°C).
- Uncompromised Quality – PolyLite™ PLA Silk filament is made with the highest quality ingredients including Ingeo® from Natureworks. Natureworks is a worldleading biopolymers supplier based in the USA with a portfolio of high quality raw PLA materials produced from rapidly renewable plant resources. Combining Polymakers innovative R&D technologies, compounding and extrusion systems with Natureworks Ingeo® resins produces a reliable 3D printing filament to print beautiful and accurate models
- Nozzle Temperature: 190˚C – 230˚C
- Printing Speed: 40mm/s – 60mm/s
- Bed Temperature: 25˚C – 60˚C
- Bed Surface: Glass with glue, Blue Tape, BuildTak®
- Cooling Fan: ON
Note: Printing conditions may vary with different printers and nozzle diameters.
- Density: 1.17 g/cm3
- Recommended Support Materials: PolyDissolve™ S1, PolySupport™
Storage: It is recommended to store PolyLite™ PLA Silk in the PolyBox™ to prevent moisture absorption which will lower the quality and the mechanical properties of the print. If the filament has absorbed moisture it can be dried at 55˚C for 6 hours in a convection oven.